One day is all it takes…
Same-day dental crowns can be an excellent option if you have a missing tooth or need to improve the appearance or function of your natural teeth. And with 3-D technology, it only takes a day! Getting a dental crown is faster, more efficient and far more comfortable procedure.
- No more temporary crown
- No more repeat appointments
- No more uncomfortable, prolonged impressions
Getting your new 3-D dental crown
On your one-day crown appointment, the dental team will take a 3-D scan of your tooth and surrounding area. This image can then be viewed by the dentist – and yourself – on the computer screen. This allows the dentist to explain the treatment in closer detail. Plus, you can see for yourself exactly what is going on.
Next, within few hours your dental crown will be designed and made up on-site, polished and then fitted in your mouth.
Do I need a dental crown?
Only your dentist can tell you if you need a dental crown. Used for many different reasons, crowns protect and often prolong the life of your tooth. Below are some of the reasons dentists suggest a dental crown.
Sometimes, over time, but it can literally break. Providing that your dentist deems it solvable, she may recommend a crown to hold the tooth together and keep it functional and healthy.
Your teeth can crack for many reasons, such as accidentally biting into a hard object. This crack may become worse over time, causing pain. A crown can hold your tooth together, minimising the risk of further damage.
Sometimes, for cosmetic benefits, it’s easier to use a crown rather than a porcelain veneer if your tooth is badly damaged or there is not enough of your natural tooth for a veneer.
A dental implant, abutment and then crown can fill the gap of the missing tooth. This has the added advantages of not only giving you a new, lifelike tooth, but the implant will take the place of the tooth root, keeping your bone tissue nice and strong. Your new crown will also stop your existing teeth from falling in towards the gap, causing cosmetic and alignment problems.
Dentistry Plus Leederville
Dentistry Plus Joondalup
Dentistry Plus Maddington
Dentistry Plus Leeming
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The same-day crown is only applicable for non-aesthetic cases (or for front teeth, 2 crowns or more must be used for optimum shade matching).
- The cost does not include a post/core build up if the tooth needs one (if the tooth is grossly broken down).
- In some cases, we may not be able to do the crown on the same day; this will depend on the availability of dentists, materials and couriers.
- The dentist has absolute discretion on what is suitable for you.
- Valid for patients aged 18 years and over.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.